Re: [bug #31680] R6RS string literal intraline whitespace removal

From: Göran Weinholt
Subject: Re: [bug #31680] R6RS string literal intraline whitespace removal
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 00:13:48 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
> Update of bug #31680 (project guile):

>              Open/Closed:                    Open => Closed

> Follow-up Comment #9:
>
> Fixed in git.  You have to enable a reader option:
>
> (read-enable 'hungry-eol-escapes)

I'm wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to have these reader
options by associated with each port. Maybe I'm missing something, but
if one enables hungry-eol-escapes, wouldn't there be some problems when
reading files that assume hungry-eol-escapes is disabled?

A benefit of having the reader options kept on a port-by-port basis is
that the #!r6rs datum can enable whatever options are needed to properly
read R6RS code (r6rs-hex-escapes, hungry-eol-escapes, are there more?)
without interfering with non-R6RS code.

Regards,

--
Göran Weinholt <address@hidden>
"I AM LEARNING HANDSHAKES FROM AROUND THE WORLD!!!" -- POKEY THE PENGUIN