Re: two oh, two oh, two oh

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: two oh, two oh, two oh
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:10:53 +0100

Heya Julian,

On Fri 28 Jan 2011 21:09, Julian Graham <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure, I'd be happy to review the copy on the site.

Cool!

> Additionally, when I spoke to Deborah Nicholson last summer about the
> impending release, she connected me with an FSF newsletter contributor
> to do an interview.  Now that the release is looking a bit more
> imminent, would you like me to see if that person is still available
> to talk to you or Ludovic?

Sure, I'm available.  It would also be nice to get an interview with
Ludovic, if he wants, because I talk too much :P

> She also suggested that we'd be able to
> get some links from the www.fsf.org or www.gnu.org blogs to whatever
> press materials we had.  (What do we have?)

I don't know of anything.  Want to make a "2.0 release" page?  It could
start with a summary, then list a number of important bullet points, and
much of the text could be culled from the news.  The audience would be a
programmer that could be interested in Guile, but not necessarily one
that knows Guile already.

Mike also had an article written that he was going to try to get to
LWN.net.  Guile 2.0 would make a great story for them.

Just some suggestions from the top of my head.  It seems that all I do
these days is make stuff up and send it to the list ;-)

> LibrePlanet's presumably coming up soon (provided it takes place as
> usual on the third weekend in March).  Is anyone planning to be around
> for that?  A run-down of the new features in Guile 2.0 would make for
> a good talk at that event.

I don't think I'm available, no.  Too much travel :/  However, you are
knowledgeable and local -- why not? :)

Cheers,

Andy
--