Re: two oh, two oh, two oh

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: two oh, two oh, two oh
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:46:56 +0100

Hey list,

On Tue 07 Dec 2010 11:19, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

>  * Blocker bugs for 2.0
>
>    - See if objcode space can be reserved for native code -- Andy / Noah

I would still like to do this, for 1.9.15 if possible.

>    - The guile <-> unistring escaping issue -- ?

Ludovic is our hero!

>  * Would-be-nice things for 2.0
>
>    - Merge in SoC work, finally (elisp, lua, peg parser) -- Andy

I merged in elisp.  I don't want to merge in Lua until it implements all
of Lua; it's close but there are some multiple-value issues that still
need to be sorted.  I would like to merge the PEG parser soon too; but
there are some things about it that I would like to review first.

>    - Test ecmascript - ?
>      (For a long time it was broke at the REPL, due to a608cad27. Fixed
>      now, I think, but needs completion :/)

Thanks to all that

>    - Update website - ?
>    - "Marketing" plan - ?

We could still use someone to do this -- to review the web site to see
if it actually expresses the message that we want to express, and to do
some PR.  I think Guile 2.0 is a good story, but the press basically
needs to be spoon-fed, I think...  Anyone want to take this one?  I seem
to recall Julian having an interest ;-)  And I think that Mike had some
opinions on this at one point, too...

>  * Schedule
>
>    - 15 Jan -- Branch for stable 2.0.x series, master becomes 2.1
>
>    - 1 Feb 2011 -- Release 2.0.0

Here we have changed, as mentioned: we will release another 1.9.15 on 2
February, and 2.0 on 16 February, if all goes well.

Ciao,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/