Re: How does one specify linking to 64 bit libraries when there is a cho

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: How does one specify linking to 64 bit libraries when there is a choice?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:40:01 -0500

Hello,

I am not at all an expert on guile-config, but I will help if I can.

First of all, as to how guile-config works. At least in the latest git
version, it seems to be a thin wrapper for pkg-config.

I found the file that pkg-config will be using to give you this
information. It is meta/guile-<version number>.pc in my Guile source
tree. Furthermore, I think it's safe to assume that it is generated
from meta/guile-<version number>.pc.in.

But that file is just a pretty innocuous-looking template where it
looks like you paste some variables that would be generated by the
configure script.

Therefore, I have this question for you - are you able to configure
Guile to use 64-bit libs using the configure script?

Noah Lavine