Re: guile support in gdb

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: guile support in gdb
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 15:27:47 -0600

>>>>> "Andy" == Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

Andy> I can't speak for others, but I don't use it. We currently recommend
Andy> gdbinit files that define commands that call into libguile directly.

Thanks.  I will probably remove it, then.

Tom> FWIW, I think whatever guile-specific value-printing code there is in
Tom> gdb would be better rewritten as some python pretty-printers maintained
Tom> and distributed with guile itself.

Andy> I was actually hoping to get to extending GDB in guile at some point,
Andy> making Guile an acceptable language for GDB extensions.

Andy> What do you think? Would you accept a patch?

I think it is best for a project to have a single extension language.
So, I'm afraid my inclination would be not to accept it.

Tom