guile support in gdb

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: guile support in gdb
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:39:31 -0600

Hi.

We were recently wondering (buried in a thread on the gdb-patches list)
whether the guile support in gdb actually works.  Does anybody use it
regularly?

If it doesn't work, I'd like to remove it.

FWIW, I think whatever guile-specific value-printing code there is in
gdb would be better rewritten as some python pretty-printers maintained
and distributed with guile itself.  That will reduce the chance of
bit-rotting.  (From what I can tell, this is actually the bulk of the
guile code in gdb that might actually work.)

Tom