Re: Bug in documentation for `load'?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Bug in documentation for `load'?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:25:51 +0200

On Sat 25 Sep 2010 16:04, Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> It appears to me that the docs for `load' are wrong (both in 1.8 and
> 1.9):
>
>  -- Scheme Procedure: load filename [reader]
>      Load FILENAME and evaluate its contents in the top-level
>      environment.  The load paths are not searched.
>
> The last sentence seems to be wrong, as `load' is actually
> `load-module':

I think the meaning of this name is "the definition of load after
modules have been booted somewhat". It's historical.

> So, AFAICS, `load' uses the load paths (and only the load paths).

Nope; `load' loads a file by path: absolute, or relative to the current
working directory. Though, relative paths in `load' are problematic, as
with compiled files, you don't know what the current directory is going
to be.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/