Re: FOL

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: FOL
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:02:30 +0200

> What are your plans for your Prolog compiler, in terms of releases,
> merges, and whatnot?  :-)

This is on my list before I think that it will be merged/released a beta
1.
I'm in the process to replace the matchers with modified Shinn. The main
problem using prompts is that I don't get tail call's, I do have it with
the fragile umatch and Shinn! Also I will not need to patch guile sources.
I'll use a pure Scheme backend and a c-code version.

2. Write test test code - which now is a good time to start when there are
decent syntax error reports.

> > For setting up the error reporting I used a pdf
> > describing the syntax-parse macro
> >
> >   http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/icfp10-cf.pdf
>
> Yeah, that seems like an improvement in terms of error detection and
> error reporting (better than “source expression failed to match any
> pattern”...).
>
> However, I don’t like the aesthetics: keywords, and, worse, type
> annotations embedded in identifiers.

The syntax can be fixed, any ideas?

/Stefan