Re: A few errors from current Git HEAD

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: A few errors from current Git HEAD
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:12:14 -0700

Hi,

On Tue 27 Jul 2010 01:49, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> FAIL: net-db.test: getaddrinfo: no name
>
> Could you print the value of ERRCODE and also ‘(gai-strerror errcode)’
> in this test?

I just saw this this morning, in a coffeeshop that appears to use
OpenDNS for their DNS, which redirects not-found addresses to their own
servers. The error (for me) appears to be that the getaddrinfo actually
succeeded.

Indeed, getaddrinfo returned:

    (#(0 2 1 6 #(2 1138180484 0) #f)
     #(0 2 2 17 #(2 1138180484 0) #f)
     #(0 2 3 0 #(2 1138180484 0) #f))

>> Running threads.test
>> <apparent hang, after waiting for a few minutes>
>
> Hmm, interesting.  :-)
>
> Could you attach gdb and ‘thread apply all bt’?

I think Dale and Jao have been seeing something like this for a long
time. I don't know what it is, though.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/