Re: Hosting for Guile-PHP

From: Jon Herron
Subject: Re: Hosting for Guile-PHP
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

Andy -

  Hey, good to hear from you. I did get a project registered, but it's been
going on two months now since my last commit. I got pretty far with base
language support, no OOP yet, I'm pretty sure I needed to wrap up string
interpolation and type hinting as well. What actually ended up happening was I
got so fed up with PHP as a language I lost motivation to continue working on
the project. There are so many crappy nuances with that language it is
ridiculous.If there is anyone out there who would care to hack away on
Guile-PHP
some I would be more than happy to grant commit access and provide input  if
needed.

Project - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/guile-php
Git Web - http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile-php.git

  I have started to prototype another project (using Guile), that has proved to
be much more interesting to me - and hopefully more beneficial to a broad
audience as well. Ideally I'd like to register that on Savannah and release it
over the next couple months. More on that soon I hope.

  Seems like GSOC projects and the 2.0 work is going well, congrats to
everyone. I personally can't wait for 2.0 to get released.

Jon