Re: Why Ice-9?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Why Ice-9?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:28:29 +0200

() Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
() Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:20:35 +0200

   There are also submodule binders, in git guile, that can be used to
   implement this.

Cool, i'll take a look at submodule binders.

   > - Module name directory part (of aliases, of fully-resolved)
   >   must be non-empty?
   >
   > - Will dealing with ‘%load-extensions’ be in the future plans?
   >
   > - Where/how to store alias info.  Can this mechanism be unified
   >   with one for resolved modules (e.g., Guile 1.4.x module catalogs)?

   I don't understand the problem solved by these things; I would need more
   details to comment, I think.

The first and third are issues analogous to design of symbolic links on a
filesystem.  The ‘%load-extensions’ question is orthogonal.

thi