Re: Adding New C Files

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Adding New C Files
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:14:26 -0400

Thanks a lot!

I'm afraid the new C file issue is interacting with some other problem
in a strange way. I find that running this:

../meta/uninstalled-env guile-tools

in the command line in libguile will produce the message "Abort trap".

That command is run as part of the larger command

cat <lots of .doc files> | GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
../meta/uninstalled-env guile-tools snarf-check-and-output-texi >
guile-procedures.texi

as part of the build process, which is what was causing my build to fail.

However, if I run it with a regular guile interpreter instead of the
uninstalled-env one, it works fine:

cat <lots of .doc files> | GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 ../../bin/guile
../meta/guile-tools snarf-check-and-output-texi > /dev/null

returns normally.

Therefore I believe there is a bug in meta/uninstalled-env, but I'm
unsure why building the git trunk seemed to work fine. Could you (or
anyone) guess what this might be?

Thanks
Noah