Re: despair, debugging, and the repl

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: despair, debugging, and the repl
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:45:18 +0200

() Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
() Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:03:22 +0200

   So, to that end, then, here's a preliminary plan of action:

     * Deprecate all of the old repl code, keeping compatibility shims for
       the useful interfaces perhaps, but trying to move the REPL
       implementation entirely out to modules.

     * Remove all of the old debugger code. This pains me somewhat, but we
       have to move forward here.

     * Deprecate the-last-stack fluid -- besides being hard to reason
       about, it doesn't even work all that well.

     * Document the new REPL.

If the plan is to modularize, is it possible to keep the old one around
(in a module)?  Surely, not trashing Neil's work entirely is better?

thi