request for hack: readline fixes

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: request for hack: readline fixes
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:44:21 +0200

Hello list,

It would be really great if someone could get to the bottom of our
readline support and fix a couple things.

 * Tab-completion: Works great for functions, not so much for arguments?

   If at the repl you type `(string-' and press tab, you get a list of
   symbols bound in the current module that start with string-. Of
   course it would be nice to restrict these to procedures, but hey. But
   if you type `(string-ref fo' and press TAB, you get nothing, not even
   if `foo' is bound. Bummer, no? It's been this way for at least 10
   years but I know that readline can do the right thing. Please fix?

 * History: Expression-oriented, please!

   It would be great if going back in the history cycled through entire
   expressions, not line-by-line. Again I know that readline can do
   this. Please fix? :)

Thanks! It's an isolated hack, but many of us will thank you for fixing
it!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/