Programs are nameless

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Programs are nameless
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 23:25:54 +0200

Hello,

‘procedure-name’ doesn’t currently work on VM programs.  It may be due
to commit bdf7759c, which commented out ‘maybe-name-value!’ calls in
psyntax.

Why are these commented out?  Is there some bootstrapping issue involved
(e.g., ‘maybe-name-value!’ can’t work with the evaluator)?

Besides, in terms of workflow, here’s my wish list:  ;-)

  * Never leave a ‘FIXME’ without a comment explaining what should be
    fixed and why.

  * Add comments.  I find psyntax scary, because it’s large, somewhat
    cryptic, and sparsely commented.

  * Leave public posts about large changes like those related to
    psyntax, memoization, “expanded structures” (?) & co. of
    May 19th/20th.  (I personally don’t get anything of what’s
    happened.)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludo’.