Re: Lightning Bindings

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Lightning Bindings
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:57:15 -0400

I didn't realize GCC had a Lisp interface. Interfacing with GCC would
be excellent.

This is perhaps far-fetched, but I think the best thing would be if we
could persuade them to replace MELT with Guile. It looks to me from
the docs like MELT is yet another Lisp engine, which is exactly what
Guile is trying to replace. We could offer them a well-tested,
more-feature-complete extension language, and they could offer us
interfaces to good code generation.

Noah