Re: fmatch

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: fmatch
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:06:42 +0200

Hello Stefan!

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

>> > On a side note I have not gotten any answer from the author of that code
>> > that I modified.
>>
>> Hmm that’s unfortunate.
> Yes, maybe ask on irc? what channel?

Personal email should be OK, or you could send a message with the patch
that adds support for record-matching attached (with Guile-specific
parts suitably isolated with ‘cond-expand’) and Cc: guile-devel.

We should make it as simple as possible for him to deal with.  It could
be that he’s not interested in it, which is fine.

>> If we can’t get record-matching included upstream shortly, then I’d
>> suggest making the addition of record-matching a separate commit in our
>> repository, so we can easily find it in the future.
>
> Separate commit?

That is: first commit the switch form Wright’s to Shinn’s match
*unmodified*.  Then, commit support for record-matching, separately.

> Ludo, I'm relly a beginner in some respects so be patient :-)

No problem!  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.