Re: file names embedded in .go

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: file names embedded in .go
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:15:25 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden>
> () Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:08:32 +0200
>
>    I'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly, but if, by
>    source, you mean the scheme source, that'd be terrible news for
>    tools such as Geiser.
>
> I'm not familiar w/ Geiser. What does it do? What are its
> restrictions?

It's an Emacs environment for Scheme similar to Slime: a repl and a
bunch of utilities to edit, navigate and obtain information about the
code. Among them, jumping to an identifier's definition: for that, i
need guile to tell me where in the file system the identifier is bound.
Geiser does not usually collect metadata on the elisp side, relying on
the running guile to provide it. The richer that dynamic metadata is,
the more functionality Geiser can provide.

A bit more information is available at http://gitorious.org/geiser and
links thereof (specially the README; no real documentation yet, i'm
afraid).

jao
--
Dealing with failure is easy: Work hard to improve. Success is also
easy to handle: You've solved the wrong problem. Work hard to improve.