Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, wip-manual-2, updated. release_1-9

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, wip-manual-2, updated. release_1-9-9-85-g0a864be
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:40:48 +0200

Hi Neil,

I also think that wip-manual-2 is looking great! Your commit granularity
is also really nice.

On Mon 12 Apr 2010 02:15, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> at a point in the not too distant future, the manual in wip-manual-2
> will be ready for pulling back into master, and publishing.

>From my perspective each commit is ready! Why not just merge now? It's
getting monotonically better :)

That way when someone writes new docs, they have a better idea about how
that fits in. For example I need to write something about "nil", and
I'll look at your branch and see where you're going, but if it were
merged already I could just look at the state of master and see where
the right place would be.

> Now that multiple language support is really starting to take off,
> last night I was thinking that the first sentence "Guile is an
> implementation of the Scheme programming language." is probably not
> the right first sentence any more...
>
> </tongue-in-cheek>

I still think it's the right statement to make :) Guile _is_ and _has_
other things as well, but fundamentally it's a Scheme. IMO at least :)

Happy hacking!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/