Re: Hosting for Guile-PHP

From: Jon Herron
Subject: Re: Hosting for Guile-PHP
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

Ludo -

  Sure, that sounds fine to me.  I definitely understand wanting to promote
Scheme over PHP from a GNU point of view, for me personally I have to use PHP
at work and any potential chance to slide some Scheme in the mix would be
welcome (to me at least).  I chose Guile as my Scheme implementation mainly due
to the compiler tower, example language implementations and mention of a PHP
translator under the cool ideas section.  I understand this was not a firm
desire, nor guarantee of acceptance on the projects behalf.  I have not
regretted my decision to use Guile one bit, and plan to continue Guile-PHP as
time permits.  If a merge is beneficial in the future that's great, if not no
hard feelings.

  With that being said, is there another area of the project that would be
beneficial for me to look at?  I've seen various mentions of the ECMAScript
front-end but not sure what is needed there.  Other bugs? Desired libraries?  I
wouldn't mind having Guile-PHP be a side-side project since there's a strong
chance I would be the only user for a long time anyway.  In short I'd enjoy
helping out if there is something that needs looking at.

Thanks,

Jon