Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, wip-manual-2, updated. release_1-9

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, wip-manual-2, updated. release_1-9-9-85-g0a864be
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:13:44 +0200

Hi Neil,

"Neil Jerram" <address@hidden> writes:

>     Improvements to Introduction chapter
>
>     * doc/ref/intro.texi (Introduction): Change "some" to "the".
>       (Guile and Scheme): "multithreading" -> "multithreaded".
>       (Combining with C): Mention "libguile" as library name.
>       (Guile and the GNU Project): New text.
>       (Interactive Programming): New text.
>       (Supporting Multiple Languages): New text, reflecting currently
>       supported languages.
>       (Obtaining and Installing Guile): Use @var for version placeholder.
>       Remove mention of separate tutorial.

FWIW I really like “Guile and the GNU Project” and “Interactive
Programming”.  I think they concisely convey the GNU vision to provide
software that’s not only released under a free software license (the
legal aspect of freedom) but is also liberating and empowering (the
technical aspect).

Thanks,
Ludo’ (looking forward to having this nice manual on his bookshelf.  :-))