Re: Hierarchical name space

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: Hierarchical name space
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:42:43 -0400

Hi Andy and Ludo,

> I'm still inclined to think that the module namespace hierarchy (and it
> is a hierarchy) should not impinge on the environment of an evaluation.
> But, not something we can change right now.

This is actually causing me some difficulty -- I'm implementing the
R6RS composite library, which imports and then re-exports the bindings
of a lot of the individual R6RS standard libraries.  I'm running into
a problem with `(rnrs syntax-case)', which exports `syntax-case'.
Using the conventional set of module system introspection procedures
(`module-ref', `module-variable', etc.), there's no way to see the
syntax transformer and not the module -- to obtain the former, you
need to use `nested-ref' (or some other workaround) instead.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Julian