Re: GSOC applications coming up

From: No Itisnt
Subject: Re: GSOC applications coming up
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:49:20 -0600

Hi, I don't think I can reply on the GSOC site, so I'll put it here

> Specifics on your proposal:
>
> * cothreads: Guile's partial continuations can implement this construct well,
> and correctly; while it's not necessary, it would be lots of fun. See
> "Prompts" in the manual.

I left it out because I have never used continuations. I'm confident I
will finish the entire standard library but the best laid plans of
mice and men and all that

> * repositories: I'd personally prefer to just have you commit to Guile's
> repository, in a branch, if you're happy with that.

It's all the same to me

> * test cases: Ideally you'd write something that uses Guile's internal
> (test-suite lib), adding lua.test to test-suite/tests/.

Yes

> * parser: how do you plan to implement this? I would use a lexer and an LALR
> parser. We will have an LALR parser generater documented and in core within
> the week.

Well I can tell you now I don't want to write it by hand. If my TDOP
parser bears out, I'll probably use that, otherwise I'll be looking
into parse-lalr etcetera. I'm also excited about PEG but it may not be
ready in time :)