Re: %module-public-interface

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: %module-public-interface
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:56:02 +0200

Howdy!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Do a (module-ref (resolve-module '(ice-9)) 'threads)
> sometime.

That’s the hierarchical naming scheme, not related to
%module-public-interface but probably worth a discussion.

> I'm pretty sure that the submodule thing can be changed without any
> problem. But it seems that the %module-public-interface is used
> explicitly, at least by texmacs and lilypond.

How do they use it?

> Any ideas on what the right thing to do is? Just leave it? Add fields to
> modules for the public interface and submodules, but keep the
> %module-public-interface binding? Throw up our hands and dance around?

Yeah!

And we could add a ‘public-interface’ slot to ‘module-type’ and have
‘module-public-interface’ and ‘set-module-public-interface!’ refer to
it; for backward compatibility we’d also initialize the
‘%module-public-interface’ binding.  How does it sound?

Thanks,
Ludo’.