PHP language translator for Guile?

From: Jon Herron
Subject: PHP language translator for Guile?
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:58:47 -0700 (PDT)

I have an interest in writing a PHP interpreter in Scheme and have spent the
last couple of days evaluating various Scheme implementations to use.  After
looking at Guile for a bit it appears there is a framework for implementing
languages besides scheme itself (I noticed ecmascript and brainfuck are the in
tree), then after checking out the website some more I noticed PHP was
mentioned as a desired language to be translated to Guile.  Is this still true?
 If so I would really like to take a crack at adding this feature.  I am very
new to this type of development but feel this would be a great dive to take.

Anyway, just thought I would reach out to the group and see what the general
take on this idea was.

Thanks,

Jon