debugger in 2.0?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: debugger in 2.0?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:15:40 +0100

Hi Neil,

I am going over the debugger section in the manual, and realizing that I
duplicated a lot of your excellent work, and that the debugger situation
is really in an uncomfortable half-equilibrium. And indeed, we don't
debug as well on the expression level that we did in the past; I have
some thoughts about that, but I don't think they should hold back 2.0.

I wanted to write to say that I was considering combing (ice-9 debugger)
for salvageable code, and pulling things over to (system vm debug). I
would refactor the manual section as well. The VM debugger is not yet as
nice as yours was, but it does work, and is closer to the VM
implementation -- and the old one is broke. I feel bad about that, but
it is how it is.

Anyway, let me know if this is the wrong thing to do.

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/