Re: merged FFI, fixed a statprof bug, you need to make clean

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: merged FFI, fixed a statprof bug, you need to make clean
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:07:55 +0100

Hi,

On Fri 29 Jan 2010 15:04, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>  * As part of the FFI merge, the interface to foreign values changed.
>>    Foreign values are used everywhere in Guile now, with the static
>>    allocation of subrs. I also took the opportunity to renumber some VM
>>    ops. The upshot is that if you've build 1.9.7, you will need to make
>>    clean and remake. You might also need to uninstall 1.9.7 in certain
>>    cases.
>
> Can you elaborate in this last sentence?  It sounds like a bug in the
> build system.

I think it is. Somehow guile-tools snarf-check-and-output-texi is trying
to import srfi-1, which fails because parts of srfi-1 are in an unbuilt
shlib. But actually sometimes it succeeds if an installed shlib is in
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent -- in that case you get an
incompatible version and a segfault, as dsmith saw.

Care to take a poke at fixing it? :)

http://wingolog.org/