Re: rfc: (ice-9 accumulate)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: rfc: (ice-9 accumulate)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 07:05:40 +0100

() Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
() Sat, 09 Jan 2010 22:55:58 +0100

   You are not selling your idea very well here.
   But I'm still OK with it :)

Well, spewing all manner of code is breathing in, dropping thin
interfaces is breathing out...

   So, here's the deal, as far as I understand inlining... (And your
   question is about inlining, afaics, in the sense that the Waddell
   paper treats inlining)

I'm not sure what my dreaming was about, exactly...

   [inlining opportunities / plans]

   So this particular construct is unlikely to be inlined nicely.

OK, i'll go mull on that for a bit.  Thanks for the overview.

   There's lots of stuff in ice-9 that noone knows about, but I don't
   think there's something like this. Hopefully we can document more of
   it using the new (texinfo reflection) infrastructure.

for missing (ice-9 foo) documentation.  I hereby revise that offer to
submit patches using this infrastructure, once i get around to playing
with it.  I imagine it can't be much different from Guile 1.4.x's.

thi