non-deterministic test failure

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: non-deterministic test failure
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 01:24:38 +0100

hi,

during the last month or so, the threads test in 1.9.x has been failing
for me (debian unstable, x86 box) intermittently, with the message:

FAIL: threads.test: lock-mutex: timed locking succeeds if mutex unlocked
within timeout

it happens every now and then, but i haven't been able to pin down the
cause (i'm not familiar with the code and haven't looked at it much), or
to reproduce the error consistently (although with the current it seems
to happen almost always). am i the only one?

cheers,
jao
--
Lisp has assisted a number of our most gifted fellow humans in
thinking previously impossible thoughts. —Edsger Dijkstra