Re: Compilation and load-extension

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: Re: Compilation and load-extension
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:22:35 +0000

yes, swig generates snmp/net-snmp.scm with the following header...

(define-module (snmp net-snmp))

(load-extension "libguile_snmp_net-snmp.so" "scm_init_snmp_net_snmp_module")

(use-modules (oop goops) (Swig common))
(use-modules ((snmp net-snmp-primitive) :renamer (symbol-prefix-proc
'primitive:)))

the net-snmp_wrap.c contains...

SCM
scm_init_snmp_net_snmp_module (void)
{
scm_c_define_module("snmp net-snmp-primitive",
  SWIG_init_helper, NULL);
return SCM_UNSPECIFIED;
}

I can confirm that the correct versions of the various files are being
loaded (have confirmed via strace
previously whilst debugging other issues).

  As mentioned before, this is purely cosmetic in that the code does
actually get run and work, it is the
compilation that fails (thhough things carry on anyway)

--
Tristan Colgate-McFarlane
----