Re: A big hole where the evaluator used to be...

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: A big hole where the evaluator used to be...
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:27:11 +0100

hi,

On Thu 03 Dec 2009 20:08, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Exciting times!  Much kudos to Andy, who has just merged a big and
> interesting change, the effect of which is essentially to stop using the
> old C-coded evaluator.

Thanks! I finally had time to write up some of this here:

http://wingolog.org/archives/2009/12/09/in-which-our-protagonist-forgoes-modesty

> FWIW, building and make check all look good to me.  There are some
> noticeable benchmark changes - some slower and some faster - which I'll
> look more into.

Another side of this is compile-time speed; psyntax-pp.scm takes forever
to compile now, like 4 or 8 minutes. I need to pull in statprof to see
what's going on.

Cheers,

Andy
--