Re: racing srfi-18 threads

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: racing srfi-18 threads
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:00:53 +0000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon 16 Nov 2009 23:16, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It seems that when run under the VM, (thunk? thunk) => #f.
>
> Ugly. Thanks for debugging this, Neil.

I now have it down to this: a program compiled inside the RHS of a
define-syntax form apparently has no meta; whereas the same program
compiled outside a define-syntax form does have meta:

(use-modules (system vm program))

(define-syntax race
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((_ n)
     (begin
       (write (cons 'race (program-meta (lambda () n))))
       (newline)))))

(race 3)

(begin
  (write (cons 'race (program-meta (lambda () n))))
  (newline))

|=

(race . #f)
(race . #<program 944ccf0>)

I'll keep following this through, but if you have any idea where the
root problem is, please say.

       Neil