Re: minor SCM_DEBUG patch

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: minor SCM_DEBUG patch
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:23:09 +0000

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> The SCM_GC_MARK_P macro doesn't exist any more, but is still mentioned
> in a few places.  With SCM_DEBUG defined, one of them actually gets
> compiled.  While looking at this, I also noticed three macros in
> deprecated.h (which were there in 1.8) which use non-existent macros
> including SCM_GC_MARK_P, and deleted those too.  I didn't touch the
> other uses of SCM_GC_MARK_P in futures.c.

This patch looks good to me too.

> Related but not addressed here: Several places still check
> scm_gc_running_p and conditionally execute code (or not), but it's now
> defined as a macro always expanding to 0.

After reviewing them, I'm pretty sure it would be OK to remove all of
those too.  They're mostly to do with not being able to generate a
libguile exception during GC, and I believe that that possibility just
doesn't exist now.  (Because the within-GC code is nothing to do with
libguile.)

Regards,
        Neil