Re: Benchmark tracking

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Benchmark tracking
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 00:24:52 +0100

On Tue 27 Oct 2009 22:34, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been running benchmarks for a while in my overnight builds, and
> have put up a web page to show the results from that:
>
> http://ossau.homelinux.net/~neil/

Interesting!

> In summary, there's nothing to be concerned about (apart from a possible
> slight slowdown in the last week or so).

I think callee-parsed args did slow things down a bit. Would like to
figure out why, and at what exact commit.

Hm, would be good to bisect this more closely. Would it be possible to
map the X axis to commits?

Also, we should have more of the stock Gabriel benchmarks, like in the
Clinger or Feeley set.

>  The real point of this email is just to mention this tracking - which
> I hope will help us notice if we introduce significant performance
> gains or losses in the future.

Great!

Cheers,

Andy