Re: Status on Elisp and special variable handling

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Status on Elisp and special variable handling
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 22:26:27 +0100

Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi Daniel,

> Apart from that, I think some items I could work on next are defalias
> and foolocal variables.  I have to admit that I still need to look-up
> and think about the very details of those, but I think for both of
> that we could add some other special variable values (like void
> currently is).

I'm afraid I've partly lost track of where we are with elisp...

Can you remind me, do you have specific goals in mind, such as being
able to run a particular elisp application or library?

I think if we had some goals like that, it would help us to see which
details were the most important ones to work on next, and to make
implementation detail choices.

(When I worked on elisp, I used to try (load "loadup.el") to see how far
it would get.  I'm not sure that's a useful goal, but out of interest
have you tried that?)

Regards,
        Neil