Re: frozen!

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: frozen!
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:07:14 -0400

On Oct 6, 2009, at 17:35, Mike Gran wrote:
I need to roll back the changes made to i18n.c
that made locale-specific case conversion of strings
work on GNU but break on Darwin.  Locale-specific
case conversion of strings works, but only when
the locale is set using setlocale.

Thanks. Though perhaps you could just explicitly test for GNU libc, if the glibc structures are stable?

Also, I need to revert the regexp.test which seems
to be broken on Darwin but work elsewhere.

Is it only Darwin where it's broken? It's kind of hard to tell from some of the email where testing is actually occurring. I assume the bulk of it is on GNU/Linux systems, plus Greg's occasional tests on NetBSD and mine on the Mac....

If you think the regexp.test issues are likely to be Darwin-specific, I can try to dig into them a bit more.

Otherwise, I'll wait for your changes to go in, and see what else I can break. :-) I think my library-path issue is still open, despite Andy's attempted fix...

Ken