Testing third-party applications with 1.9

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Testing third-party applications with 1.9
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:10:47 +0200

Hello Guilers!

Thanks to Eelco Dolstra of NixOS, the NixOS build farm now builds
several Guile-using applications against 1.9.3:

  http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixpkgs/guile2test

The goal is to identify the main compatibility issues and try to fix
them before 2.0 is released.

Currently broken:

  beast drgeo elinks guileLib guileLint lilypond mailutils mcron snd
  trackballs

In several cases the problem seems to come from the fact that
‘guile-config’ assumes ‘pkg-config’ is in $PATH, which is not
necessarily the case here.  I’ll look into fixing it.

I’ll look into adding more packages, such as TeXmacs.  If you have
ideas, please tell me.

Thanks,
Ludo’.