Re: BDW-GC branch updated

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: BDW-GC branch updated
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:09:03 +0100

>>> So now is a good time to test it and report back!  It requires libgc 7.1
>>> or later, which isn't packaged in Debian, although it was released in
>>> May 2008.
>>>
>> It's in experimental since recently; I assume its maintainer will upload
>> to unstable soonish.
>
> Good.

I just installed libgc1c2 and libgc-dev (both 1:7.1-3) on my Debian
stable/testing machine.  Apparently no problem there.

But there's still no pkgconfig for libgc, and so

PKG_CHECK_MODULES([BDW_GC], [bdw-gc])

fails:

checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc) were not
met:

No package 'bdw-gc' found

Am I missing some easy solution?

(I haven't tried the approach of setting BDW_GC_CFLAGS and BDW_GC_LIBS
yet.)

    Neil