Re: more compilation failures: -DSCM_DEBUG_TYPING_STRICTNESS=2

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: more compilation failures: -DSCM_DEBUG_TYPING_STRICTNESS=2
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 21:41:08 -0400

On Sep 8, 2009, at 19:37, Neil Jerram wrote:
Then, given that you (Ken) think that STRICTNESS 0 doesn't work
either, I'd favour hardcoding the STRICTNESS 1 macros and then
discarding the whole STRICTNESS concept.

That (0 not working) is only a guess, but I'll try it out to see.

I kind of like keeping STRICTNESS 2, because I'm a bit uncomfortable with the amount of casting going on in some places, and the degree to which it could (theoretically) be masking actual bugs. But if opinion goes against me I'm willing to work on the changes you describe.

Ken