Re: i guess we're frozen & stuff

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: i guess we're frozen & stuff
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:34:48 -0400

  Today's the 10th, we release on the 15th, ergo we're frozen.

  What does this mean? Well I think the dilly is that we shouldn't be
  pushing to master, except to fix things that don't work at all, and to
  update documentation, NEWS, etc.

  What if you don't have push access? Well give Guile a try with your
  programs, run some benchmarks against 1.9.1, give the tires a good kick.

Sorry, I've been distracted.  Is this what we call 'master', and what I
am running autobuilds against, along with the 1.8 branch?  I will try to
find time to install libunistring and get it to build.

Have there been recent reports of success of 1.9.x on platforms other
than GNU/Linux?  Guile has been quite portable in the past and it's
surely still very close if not there, and it would be a shame if 2.0 had
issues.  I realize this is hard for people to test if they don't have
the platform, but it would be really good to have testing on at least
one normal BSD and also Darwin.