Re: Elisp performance

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Elisp performance
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:17:21 +0200

Andy Wingo wrote:
Don't conjecture, profile ;-)

I'd like to do so, but it seems that Guile does not include a profiler, does it? A search turned up some patch/code, but I didn't get the impression it would work very well -- do you have some hints, getting some real profiling would be very useful, indeed!

Also, disassembly is your friend here.

Guess I'll have to get a little more proficient with the VM to make real use of it, though I already used it a little to check that certain elisp code compiles to the same assembly as the equivalent Scheme one (where I expected it to be so).

Yours,
Daniel

--
Done:  Arc-Bar-Cav-Ran-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz
To go: Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri