Re: Elisp flet construct

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: Elisp flet construct
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:33:36 -0400

On Jul 21, 2009, at 15:32, Daniel Kraft wrote:
hm... I just found this page which is not decidedly about a planned addition to emacs 24, but I think it is quite reasonable that this addition will be the extension/feature described here:

I was thinking about this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-06/msg00260.html

It's not set in stone, but since the author is a current Emacs maintainer, I think it's likely. The "lexbind" branch has been in the Emacs CVS code for some time now, but Emacs 23 has been in feature freeze for a while too.

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/emacs/cl_21.html

It looks like that's about the common-lisp compatibility package Emacs includes. I don't know how similar that lexical-let is to what Miles Bader has been doing on the lexbind branch. Nor can I tell you how they'll compare to Scheme; I've never used either of the Emacs versions.

Ken