Re: updated NEWS, release tomorrow

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: updated NEWS, release tomorrow
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:24:16 +0100

> Hey!

Hi there.

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I should apologize for lack of responsiveness over the last couple
>> weeks.

Me too; I've been decamping to France for the summer.  I should be
more available from now on (for a while!).

>> I started poking at uniform vectors, and that code is the
>> badness. It's arrays and generalized vectors and uniform vectors and
>> bitvectors and bytevectors and normal vectors &c &c, and instead of
>> there being some kind of orthogonal exposition of the types, *all of the
>> code calls each other*. It's nutty.
>
> Eh eh, indeed.

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" :-)  Personally I've never dared
to really get into this.

On the other hand, let's not forget that it was written by some clever
people, and that (AFAIK) it works and is fast.

>> Did I mention that the code makes the pun "ra" for "array", apparently
>> to conserve electrons?
>
> Makes grepping so much easier!

:-)

>> Anyway, distcheck passes, so Ludovic if you don't mind, the repo seems
>> to be in a releasable state. Let me know if I can help in any other way;
>> I'll be working but online tomorrow should you need me.
>
> Thank you!  I'll be working on it in the evening UTC+2.

Looking forward to it.  FWIW, after the release I plan to sort out
source properties and getting GDS working again.

Regards,
        Neil