Re: [Fwd: autogen 5.9.8 doesn't build on IA64] -- libguile conflict

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: [Fwd: autogen 5.9.8 doesn't build on IA64] -- libguile conflict
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:14:17 -0700

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Neil Jerram<address@hidden> wrote:
> Bruce Korb <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just got this bug report for my project.
>> My version of the __scm.h header guards the definition of the type
>> with "#ifdef vms" and "#ifdef _CRAY1".  If there is a version of
>> lib guile around that doesn't guard it, could you let me know?
>> I'll make my project error or on an incompatible Guile in that case.
>>
>> Thanks -Bruce
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> This is a known problem, and on my list for addressing quite soon.
> Debian has a patch, which I guess would work for you too, so you may
> want to look at trying that.
>
> Regards,
>        Neil

Hi Neil,

It isn't clear to me how to patch autogen to cope with the issue,
unless I can detect the problem with some configury magic and
force autogen to not #include setjmp.h.  I think it is easier to just
require a different version of guile.  Anyway, my question is:

  How do I detect the broken installation of Guile?

that way, I can fiddle the configury stuff to do one thing or the other.
Thanks -Bruce