Re: Again on Windows support (2)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Again on Windows support (2)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:58:10 +0100

"carlo.bramix" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> this is the command that I gave me some results:
>
> $ ./pre-inst-guile-env ./libtool --mode=execute gdb --args libguile/guile.exe
> -c '(display "foo")'
>
> As you can see I added "--args" option to GDB.

Thanks, good point.

> Since I had no idea about those unknown '\' characters, I added some debug
> prints before scm_boot_guile():
>
> int
> main (int argc, char **argv)
> {
> int x;
> printf("argc=%d\n",argc);
> for (x=0; x<argc; x++)
> printf("argv[%d]=%s\n",x,argv[x]);
>
> scm_boot_guile (argc, argv, inner_main, 0);
> return 0; /* never reached */
> }
>
> Then I launched libguile/guile.exe normally and I got this:
>
> argc=4
> argv[0]=C:/msys/1.0/home/Carlo/guile/libguile/.libs/guile.exe
> argv[1]=-c
> argv[2]=(display
> argv[3]=foo)
>
> In this case, no more '/' but the '"' characters around the "foo" word are
> disappeared.
> Anyways, I seems that the parameter has been split in two...

Excellent, we're getting closer.  So either it's a problem in how the
shell passes arguments to an executable, or it's a problem in how the
libguile/guile.exe wrapper passes on arguments to
libguile/.libs/guile.exe.

Can you remind me how you're compiling?  Also is guile.exe really an
executable in your build?  (On GNU/Linux it's a shell script wrapper.)

Regards,
     Neil