Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:59:58 -0400

On Jun 13, 2009, at 09:16, Andy Wingo wrote:
Hi Ken,

On Thu 11 Jun 2009 04:13, Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

On Jun 6, 2009, at 05:45, Andy Wingo wrote:

* r6rs-ports.c needs to include "libguile/r6rs-ports.x", like the other
source files do, instead of "r6rs-ports.x"

Neil seems to have fixed this one. Thanks for the report.

Great, thanks.

* There needs to be a SCM_API declaration of scm_cells_allocated, or it won't be exported from the library, and the test programs won't link. I put one in gc.h and it seems to work. The library sources apparently
get compiled with -fvisibility=hidden, and SCM_API  overrides that.
(Which makes me wonder why it isn't blowing up for  everyone on other
systems...)

Which test programs are these? I don't see references to
scm_cells_allocated anywhere other than in gc.c. Perhaps this is related
to your next comment:

I think you're right; the installed <libguile/inline.h> does refer to scm_cells_allocated, and the new one does not. Sorry, I should've caught that after I discovered the header issue.

* At least in test-suite/standalone the preprocessor options telling the
compiler where to find Guile's headers seem to come after the
configure-time CPPFLAGS.  This doesn't work out well if I need the
latter to tell Guile where GNU MP is installed, but there's also a
version of Guile installed there too.

It seems you hit http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.bugs/3874 .

I guess we should fix this before the prerelease...

Yeah... an easy way to chase it down might be to "poison" the installed headers so as to break anything that includes them (e.g., with syntactic errors or #error directives), and try doing a build.

Ken