Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: 1.9 on the 19th; freeze 10 june (this wednesday)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:49:08 +0200

Hi Neil,

On Sat 13 Jun 2009 15:51, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It seems you hit http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.bugs/3874 .
>>
>> I guess we should fix this before the prerelease...
>
> Aha; given that this isn't a regression, I was going to do this
> immediately after the prerelease; but I'm happy to squeeze it in
> before if you think that's better.
>
> I think what we need just is
>
> - import of the Gnulib `havelib' module (actually we already import
>   this indirectly, but now we need it directly)
>
> - AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS(gmp) in configure.in
>
> - update of the "Additional INSTALL instructions" section in README,
>   to mention the --with-xxx-prefix configure options, and to point to
>   the Gnulib doc on how these work (and how they sometimes don't).
>
> Do you want to squeeze this in?

Well, given that we still have 6 days for people to test the snapshot
tarballs, and it seems to be well-tested code, and it has no impact on
existing use-cases that work... I'd be inclined to include it, yes.
(Man, I still net to get on that NEWS work. Tomorrow!)

Can you take care of it? I'd be happy to if you don't get around to it.

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/