Re: new dependency?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: new dependency?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 00:15:29 +0100

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> my autobuild choked with:
>
>   configure: error: GNU libunistring is required, please install it.
>
> and I don't recall seeing any discussion about this.

Hi Greg,

It was mentioned here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.devel/8538.

Even Debian (stable) doesn't have a package for this yet, so we're all
in the `./configure; make; sudo make install' boat for now.  But it
seems clear that using libunistring is the right long term thing.

Of course, if it causes you any serious obstacle, please say.

Regards,
        Neil