Re: r6rs libraries, round two

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: r6rs libraries, round two
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 00:34:07 +0200

Hello!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

>>> * Should we establish some rules for what you get when you don't
>>> specify a version?
>>
>> Yes!  The latest available?
>
> I don't know.

This is IMO a terrific part of version handling in R6 modules.  What
will it mean for a 2009 program to import `(rnrs base)' when R27RS is
released?

This was discussed and questioned back then:
http://lists.r6rs.org/pipermail/r6rs-discuss/2007-May/002332.html .

I think such issues should lead us to have a `:version' option that does
just what's needed for R6RS, and does not try to do anything smart
(which could seem to be non-deterministic).  We could even go as far as
discouraging its use in the manual.

Thanks,
Ludo'.