Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 00:47:03 +0100

Julian Graham <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Neil,
>
>> Am I correct in thinking that you can commit this yourself? - subject
>> to Savannah coming back up, of course.  If so, please do that after
>> incorporating the following points.
>
> Can I?  As far as I know I haven't been granted the appropriate
> permissions, but I'll look into it.

I thought we organised that towards the end of your SRFI-18 work...
Anyway, once Savannah is alive again I'll check and `make it so' if it
isn't already the case.

>> That's not quite idiomatic English, is it?  I know it's the title of
>> the SRFI, but I think that `Accessing environment variables' would be
>> simpler and better.
>
> No, I suppose it isn't.  But my assumption was that for documentation
> nodes for SRFI modules, we were going with the title of the SRFI --
> and that's what SRFI-98 is called.  I'll update it.

Thanks.  I agree that there's an argument for keeping the original
title, but I think it's more important for us to make sure that our
manual reads well.

(Especially in the light of the next email that I'm about to write...)

Regards,
       Neil